We recently caught up with Jaeger Oslo resident, Ivaylo to discuss – 5 Records That Never Leave His Bag…
As musically (club wise) I grew up in the 90’s and early 00’s the tracks below are small bit of reflection, what shaped my musical course and haven’t left me since. Although there are way too many tracks and people to mention here, the ones listed are some of the very many special moments pictured in my memory and life between musical shared moments with close friends and dancers around the globe!
1. Ian Pooley – What’s Your Number (Jazzanova Renumber) – This is one of my timeless tracks, that I have had in my case since its release in 1998! There is always place or time, suitable for this one. Always brings cleaner perspective in the sound picture! I have always been super fan of Ian Pooley and of course the immersive Jazzanova sound!
2. Derrick Carter & Chris Nzuka – Life Is Like A Circle – Always been a big fan of Bombay Records, specially their earlier releases, like the one here. Timeless beat in a very DC style! This track is always with me for lovely intimate occasions, sharing love.
3. Random Factor – Broken Mirror (Fred Everything Remix) – Another one, that haven’t left my case since 1998. Fred is always with me. I guess this is the most played track from me on different occasions, specially when we need the transfer into deeper universe! What would deep house be without Fred Everything (Thank you, Fred)!
4. Jay Tripwire – Do Me This Way (Pezzner Remix) – I’m kinda Tripwire addicted. There are bunch of tracks I always have with me from Jay and as much as I love his productions, Pezzner is another supreme favorite of mine! Been playing a lot this track previously and although not much lately, I still have it always with me on stand by for the right moment 🙂
5. Asad Rizvi feat. Mel Dymond – Slippery Heights – Asad is another good friend of mine and amazing producer, who is always with me on my musical journey. This track really reflects special moments and period of my life while growing up in Bulgaria and more precisely my journey with the legendary Comics club we had in Varna, where I was blessed to be resident, programmer and share love! Although always in my case, I play this track for real special exchange of feelings, when I’m at different places.